Non-Credit: Commercial Photography
The noncredit Certificate of Completion in Commercial Photography provides opportunities for career preparation by providing courses that meet workforce needs. Commercial photography skills, including lighting and digital image editing, are highly desirable in the photography industry and related industries, including graphic design, social media, and advertising. The program provides a solid technical background in studio photography and applications, including lighting setup, studio scheduling, equipment maintenance, and digital image editing. The outcomes of the program align with industry standards for photography studios. Furthermore, the students who complete this certificate could consider continuing with credit photography certificates and the Associate in Arts Degree in Photography.
Learn more about the program at the Photography website.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will be able to employ principles of lighting, camera usage, digital adjustments, and studio photography, to create photographs to clients' specification for use in print and electronic media.
- Graduates will be able to utilize professional tools of photographic capture and lighting to set up and adjust the photographic studio, including troubleshooting lighting challenges and post-processing studio images for presentation.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate ability to use all photographic studio equipment in a safe manner while employing creative lighting techniques to the final photographic product.
- Graduates will be able to illustrate skills in the proper implementation of business practices for fees, licensing, and copyright, as well as follow current health and safety regulations.
CC = Certificate of Completion
- Certificate(s): 288
Commercial Photography Certificate of Completion
- Hours: 288 [Non-Transcriptable]
|PHOT 404A||PHOTOSHOP FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS I||72|
|PHOT 405||INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOGRAPHY||72|
|PHOT 474A||STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY TECHNIQUES I||72|
|And one course from the following:||72|
|PHOTOSHOP FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS II|
|LIGHTROOM & PHOTOGRAPHIC DESIGN|
|STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY TECHNIQUES II|
|STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY TECHNIQUES III|