ALCB 463Y: CREATIVE WRITING
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|Effective Term:||Summer 2022|
|Hours:||2 lecture per week (24 total per quarter)|
|Degree & Credit Status:||Non-Degree-Applicable Non-Credit Course|
|Grade Type:||Non-Credit Course (Receives no Grade)|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Participating students will explore one or more forms of fictional or nonfictional writing (e.g., memoir, essay, short story, poetry, travel writing, vignette, etc.) by crafting short pieces each week to be read aloud and critiqued.
- Participating students will show evidence of their ability to give and receive constructive feedback on written work.
The student will be able to:
- recall and present written autobiographical experiences.
- present written fictional and non-fictional experiences.
- demonstrate constructive input regarding classmates' work.
- increase self esteem by successfully completing work.
- Recall and present written autobiographical experiences
- At-home writing assignments: using writing prompts, students will write about past experiences
- Present written fictional and non-fictional experiences
- Class presentations: will share with other students work written in class or at home
- Demonstrate constructive input regarding classmates' work
- Participate in writing conferences to give eachother constructive feedback about their writing
- Increase self esteem by successfully completing work
- In-class writing (quick-writes) to inspire creativity and develop writing skills and technique
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
2. When taught online/virtual: students and faculty need internet access with Zoom-capable computer, monitor and speakers.
Method(s) of Evaluation
Progress on Student Educational Contract
Instructor observation of ability to reflect course material
Method(s) of Instruction
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
No course materials.
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments