ALCB 451Y: DRAWING & PAINTING
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|Effective Term:||Summer 2022|
|Hours:||2 lecture per week (24 total per quarter)|
|Degree & Credit Status:||Non-Degree-Applicable Non-Credit Course|
|Grade Type:||Non-Credit Course (Receives no Grade)|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Participating students will show evidence of increased creative exploration and capacity for self-expression through drawing and painting.
- Participating students will show evidence of the acquisition and/or improvement of skills and techniques specific to drawing and painting.
The student will be able to:
- Improve expressive capability by creating art.
- Improve manipulatory skills and eye-hand coordination through art projects.
- Increase self-esteem by successfully completing art projects.
- Increase social interaction by discussing projects and working with groups.
- Improve expressive capability by creating art, including but not limited to:
- Improve manipulatory skills and eye-hand coordination through art projects
- Introduce projects to strengthen small hand muscles
- Introduction to different adaptive artistic tools to help in completion of projects
- Increase self-esteem by successfully completing art projects
- Encourage recognition of personal artistic skill
- Allowing the student to call the project successfully completed
- Increase social interaction by discussing projects and working with groups
- Encourage students to talk about their inspiration and what their work means to them
- Provide positive feedback and help with identifying perspective on their artistic growth
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
2. When taught online/virtual: students and faculty need internet access with Zoom-capable computer, monitor and speakers; work table, chair and sink.
Method(s) of Evaluation
Progress on Student Educational Contract
Instructor observation of ability to reflect on course material
Completion of class projects
Method(s) of Instruction
Lecture and/or demonstration of techniques, use of materials, as necessary
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
No course materials.
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments