ALCB 407Y: SOCIAL CHANGE
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|Effective Term:||Summer 2022|
|Hours:||2 lecture per week (24 total per quarter)|
|Degree & Credit Status:||Non-Degree-Applicable Non-Credit Course|
|Grade Type:||Non-Credit Course (Receives no Grade)|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Participating students are able to demonstrate an ability to discuss social change, noting similarities and differences.
- Participating students are able to demonstrate an ability to engage inter-personally in communication in a group setting.
The student will be able to:
- Recall personal changes.
- Recall changes in society.
- Discuss impact of changes in technology, fashion, music and other aspects of popular culture.
- Develop and discuss changing social values in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
- Recall personal changes
- Career opportunities being less gender determined
- Partnership possibilities expanded beyond stereotypes from '50s and '60s
- Recall changes in society
- Gender roles
- Reassessing historically significant monuments (streets, sports names, etc.)
- Discuss impact of changes in media, technology, fashion, music and other aspects of popular culture
- Modes of music transmission (turntables, CDs, MP3, etc.)
- Social values
- Changing moral standards
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
2. When taught online/virtual: students and faculty need internet access with Zoom-capable computer, monitor and speakers.
Method(s) of Evaluation
Progress on Student Educational Contract
Instructor observation of ability to reflect course material
Method(s) of Instruction
Discussion (via internet, when taught online/virtual)
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
Selected articles, websites and other reference materials as encouraged by instructor.
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments