General counselors provide an array of services to students with a Campus-Wide ID (CWID) number. To schedule an appointment, see the Counseling website, visit Room 8302 or call 650.949.7423.
- Explore majors, educational choices and set academic goals
- Get up-to-date information on admissions and transfer requirements
- Develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP) for certificate, graduation and/or transfer
- Address academic and progress probation
- Get referrals to other support services on campus
- Certify IGETC and CSU GE eligibility
- Explore career options and paths
- Learn about different career and college success courses
- Use career search resources
- Get support in safe, non-judgmental spaces
- Address personal issues affecting college success
- Receive referrals to on-campus and community resources as needed
Orientation allows all students to learn important information about Foothill College. It satisfies one of the five required components to be eligible for priority registration (orientation, assessment, declared major, declared qualifying educational goal and a completed educational plan). Orientation can be completed in person during a registration workshop or class, or online.
Students should enroll in CNSL 5 or SPED 8. These classes are taught by counselors who will help you develop an educational plan to meet your academic goals and provide valuable information about Foothill College. For more information, visit foothill.edu/counseling.
Licensed mental health professionals offer short-term (eight sessions per academic year), confidential, no-fee personal counseling to enrolled Foothill students. Services include individual, couples, family and group counseling. Daily brief drop-in sessions are also available. Services are provided in the Psychological Services Office. For psychological services appointments or information, visit the Student Resource Center, Bldg. 5400 or call 650.949.7910.