Non-Credit: Bridge to College ESL Pathway
The Certificate of Competency in Bridge to College ESL Pathway prepares students to bridge from noncredit to credit ESL courses. Students will be exposed to integrated skills courses for learners of English as an additional language. Focus is on developing a basic level of grammar and vocabulary through listening, speaking, reading and writing, so that learners can communicate with other English speakers in and outside of the classroom. This program provides practical skills and knowledge for students progressing out of adult education classes as well as students seeking some English language proficiency for career advancement.
Learn more about the program on the English for Second Language Learners website.
Program Learning Outcomes
- The student will be able to identify campus resources to promote their academic success.
- The student will feel confident to seek assistance in class and around campus as needed to self-advocate.
- The student will gain the study skills necessary to be successful in ESL courses and courses in other disciplines.
- CY = Certificate of Competency
- Certificate(s): 96
Bridge to College ESL Pathway Certificate of Competency
- Hours: 96 [Non-Transcriptable]
|NCEL 400||BRIDGE TO COLLEGE||60|
|NCEL 403B||TRANSITIONING TO COLLEGE ESL PART II||36|