RSPT 55E: MEDIATED STUDIES IN RESPIRATORY THERAPY V
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|Hours:||2 laboratory per week (24 total per quarter)|
|Degree & Credit Status:||Degree-Applicable Credit Course|
|Grade Type:||Letter Grade Only|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identifies and chooses the correct laboratory tests that lead to proper treatment in the clinical simulation scenarios.
- Student will be able to recognize hemodynamic waveforms.
The student will be able to:
A. Demonstrate and describe the following skills:
1. Extreme prematurity
2. Neonatal transport
3. Patent ductus arteriosus
4. Persistent pulmonary hypertension
5. Pulmonary interstitial emphysema
6. Electrocardiography part I, II and III
7. Hemodynamic monitoring part I, II and III
A. Extreme prematurity clinical simulation
B. Neonatal transport clinical simulation
C. Patent ductus arteriosus clinical simulation
D. Persistent pulmonary hypertension clinical simulation
E. Pulmonary interstitial emphysema clinical simulation
1. Cardiac electrophysiology and the ECG
2. Basic arrhythmia recognition
3. Advanced arrhythmia recognition
G. Hemodynamic monitoring
1. Waveform recognition
2. Clinical application
3. Continuous SvO2 monitoring
A. Extreme prematurity
B. Neonatal transport
C. Patent ductus arteriosus
D. Persistent pulmonary hypertension
E. Pulmonary interstitial emphysema
F. Electrocardiography part I, II and III
G. Hemodynamic monitoring part I, II and III
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
Method(s) of Evaluation
A. Computer administered and scored examinations.
Method(s) of Instruction
A. Computer based learning.
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
Kacmarek, Stoller, and Heuer. Mosby's Respiratory Care Online for Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care. 2nd ed. St. Louis: C.V. Mosby Co., 2013. ISBN 9780323084932
Although this text is older than the suggested "5 years or newer" standard, it remains a seminal text in this area of study.
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments
A. Interactive computer modules.