PHED 31C: FUTSAL: INDOOR SOCCER ADVANCED
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|Hours:||3 laboratory per week (36 total per quarter)|
|Advisory:||This course is included in the Team Sports family of activity courses.|
|Degree & Credit Status:||Degree-Applicable Credit Course|
|Foothill GE:||Area VII: Lifelong Learning|
|Grade Type:||Letter Grade (Request for Pass/No Pass)|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform soccer skills in game play for tournament soccer competition
- Given a selection of offensive and defensive game plays, provide an analysis of play selection and make recommendations for improvement
The student will be able to:
A. Employ various techniques of speed dribbling, power passing, power shooting and offensive heading.
B. Understand the different styles of soccer training.
C. Demonstrate receiving and control ball techniques with chest, thighs and head under pressure.
D. Practice attacking soccer strategy under restricted conditions and more offensive style of play.
A. Soccer techniques
1. One versus one dribbling moves
2. Power passing
3. Power shooting
4. Offensive heading
5. Goal keeper diving saves
B. Methods of soccer training
1. Fitness training stability, core work and speed training
2. Warm-up, mobility and flexibility
3. Running increased distances
4. Strength work
C. Strategy and style
1. Advanced game style playing with restrictions
2. Individual and group play with restrictions
3. Group attacking with combination play
4. Increased team play and communication
5. More complex styles of group play, including switching of the field and combination play.
A. Soccer techniques
B. United States and international styles of play
C. Methods of soccer training
D. Strategy and style
E. Sportsmanship and laws of the game
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
Method(s) of Evaluation
A. Physical skills and performance will be evaluated by instructor observation.
B. Oral discussion for laws of play.
C. Journal entries.
D. Quizes 1-4.
E. Writing assignments.
Method(s) of Instruction
A. Skills demonstrations
B. Showing of films
C. Feedback during scrimmages
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
Futsal Laws of the Game 2014-2015. Note: The most recent edition of the laws will be used; annual updates are available online at www.ussoccer.com/referees/laws-of-the-game/futsal-laws-of-the-game
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments
Optional reading and writing assignments as recommended by instructor.