PHED 31B: FUTSAL: INDOOR SOCCER INTERMEDIATE
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|Hours:||3 laboratory per week (36 total per quarter)|
|Advisory:||This course is included in the Team Sports family of activity courses.|
|Degree & Credit Status:||Degree-Applicable Credit Course|
|Foothill GE:||Area VII: Lifelong Learning|
|Grade Type:||Letter Grade (Request for Pass/No Pass)|
Student Learning Outcomes
- A successful student should increase their knowledge of the advanced skills of game play with increasing knowledge of offensive and defensive strategies at advanced levels.
- A successful student will be able to demonstrate and perform the advanced skills of the game of futsal-indoor soccer
The student will be able to:
A. Employ various techniques of dribbling, chip passing, curve shooting and heading.
B. Understand the different styles of soccer training.
C. Demonstrate receiving and control ball techniques with chest and thighs.
D. Practice soccer strategy under restricted conditions and more defensive style of play.
A. Soccer techniques
1. Shielding dribbling moves
2. Chip passing
3. Curve shooting
4. Defensive heading
5. Goal keeping distribution
B. Methods of soccer training
1. Fitness training stability and core work
2. Warm-up, mobility and flexibility
3. Running increased distances
4. Strength work
C. Strategy and style
1. Intermediate game style playing with restrictions
2. Individual and group play with restrictions
3. Group defending with funneling
4. Increased team play
5. More complex styles of group play, including switching of the field
A. Soccer techniques
B. United States and international styles of play
C. Methods of soccer training
D. Strategy and style
E. Sportsmanship and laws of the game
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
Method(s) of Evaluation
A. Physical skills and performance will be evaluated by instructor observation.
B. Oral discussion for laws of play.
C. Journal entries.
D. Quizes 1-4.
E. Writing assignments.
Method(s) of Instruction
A. Skills demonstrations
B. Showing of films
C. Feedback during scrimmages
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
Futsal Laws of the Game 2014-2015. Note: The most recent edition of the laws will be used; annual updates are available online at www.ussoccer.com/referees/laws-of-the-game/futsal-laws-of-the-game
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments
Optional reading and writing assignments as recommended by instructor.