ENGL 70R: INDEPENDENT STUDY IN ENGLISH
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|Effective Term:||Summer 2023|
|Hours:||3 laboratory per week (36 total per quarter)|
|Degree & Credit Status:||Degree-Applicable Credit Course|
|Grade Type:||Letter Grade Only|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will practice and apply general reading and writing principles to a special project
- Students will learn how to critically analyze and interpret their own writing from a readerly perspective
The student will be able to:
- Plan an independent study project in English
- Conduct the study by means of literature research, fieldwork, or laboratory work, or other means mutually agreed upon in the student-faculty contract as appropriate for the discipline
- Present the results of the study in a written or oral report or by some other means as determined by the contract
This course is based on independent research or course of study related to the topics outlined in the student contract.
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
Method(s) of Evaluation
Evaluation is based on the completion of the scope of work described in the student-faculty contract.
Method(s) of Instruction
Independent study as defined in the student-faculty contract.
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
Texts will vary with content.
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments
This course requires research, analysis, field study, portfolio, or other independent assignments of an agreed upon college-level subject.