BIOL 72R: INDEPENDENT STUDY IN BIOLOGY
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|Effective Term:||Summer 2022|
|Hours:||9 laboratory per week (108 total per quarter)|
|Degree & Credit Status:||Degree-Applicable Credit Course|
|Grade Type:||Letter Grade (Request for Pass/No Pass)|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students are able to communicate results of scientific research in oral and/or written forms.
- Students are able to demonstrate application of scientific research methodology.
The student will be able to:
- Plan an independent study project in Biology.
- Conduct the study by means of literature research, fieldwork or laboratory work or other means mutually agreed upon in the student-faculty contract as appropriate for the discipline.
- Present the results of the study in a written or oral report or by some other means as determined by the contract.
This course is based on independent research or course of study related to the topics outlined in the student contract.
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
Method(s) of Evaluation
Evaluation is based on the completion of the scope of work described in the student-faculty contract
Method(s) of Instruction
Independent study as defined in the student-faculty contract
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
Text will vary with content.
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments
This course requires research, analysis, field study, portfolio or other independent assignments of an agreed upon college-level subject.