APPT 170: CODE II/JUNIOR MECHANICS REVIEW & EXAM
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|Hours:||30 lecture, 72 laboratory per quarter (102 total per quarter)|
|Prerequisite:||Per California Code of Regulations, this course is limited to students admitted to the Plumbing & Pipefitting Apprenticeship Program.|
|Degree & Credit Status:||Degree-Applicable Credit Course|
|Grade Type:||Letter Grade (Request for Pass/No Pass)|
Student Learning Outcomes
- A student will be able to use code changes on the drawings in the class.
- A student will be able to apply advanced plan reading and interpretation to the drawings.
- A student will be able to properly apply the plumbing code related to the changes in the industry.
The student will be able to:
A. Readdress the code related to the changes in the industry as well as use them on the drawing portion on the class
B. Demonstrate advanced plan reading and interpretation
A. Drawing and code(s)
1. Change Orders to drawing
2. Approval process
B. Advanced Plan Reading
1. Detailed Mechanical Review
2. Detailed Structural Review
Students will address the Plumbing Codes in the lab, which includes:
A. Procedures for making formal revisions to drawings when codes callouts change
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
B. Drawing utensils and calculators
Method(s) of Evaluation
A. Written examination
B. Hands-on demonstration
C. Chapter Quizzes
D. Group and Classroom participation
Method(s) of Instruction
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices. Advanced Plan Reading and Drawing. Washington, D.C.: International Pipe Trades Joint Training Committee, Inc., 2012.
Texts older than 5 years that may be utilized in this course are industry-standard texts.
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments
A. Readings from the textbook
1. Application of advanced CAD commands on a workstation
B. Writing assignments are related to the assignments given throughout the course, to include:
1. Practice and review of each section in the above course content
2. STAR Test administered in class