APPT 164: DRAWING I FOR THE PLUMBING TRADE
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|36 lecture, 66 laboratory per quarter (102 total per quarter)
|Per California Code of Regulations, this course is limited to students admitted to the Plumbing & Pipefitting Apprenticeship Program.
|Degree & Credit Status:
|Degree-Applicable Credit Course
|Letter Grade Only
Student Learning Outcomes
- A student will be able to demonstrate and classify drainage systems.
- A student will be able to apply piping and plumbing fixture supports.
- A student will be able to layout piping systems.
- A student will be able to demonstrate and classify piping layouts.
The student will be able to:
- Recognize and classify piping layouts
- Recognize and classify drainage systems
- Recognize and classify piping and fixture support
- Conceptual drawings of piping layouts
- Elevation views of piping systems
- Conceptual drawings of drainage systems
- Isometric plans
- Classes of drainage systems
- Conceptual drawings of pipe fixtures
- Creating blueprints with structural fixtures
Students will work individually on computer-aided design (CAD) stations performing basic layouts of a plumbing system for 3-D and isometric drawings:
- Drawing techniques
- Line quality
- Drawing proportion
- Labeling and sizing of piping systems
- Drawing file management
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
2. Drawing utensils
3. When taught via Foothill Global Access, on-going access to computer with email software and hardware; email address
Method(s) of Evaluation
Group and classroom participation
Method(s) of Instruction
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices. Drawing Interpretation and Plan Reading. 2015.
. Pipe and Coupling Cast Iron Soil Pipe and Fitting. 2002.
. Drainage Systems. 2016.
Texts older than five years may be utilized in this course as industry-standard texts.
Pocket reference chart
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments
- Readings from textbook
- The application of isometric drawings
- The application of 3-D drawings
- Students complete writing assignments on elevation, isometric and plan views
- An isometric drawing of a PRV station is turned in as part of the final exam