ALTW 217: INTERMEDIATE COMPUTER APPLICATIONS FOR STUDENTS WITH LEARNING DIFFERENCES
Foothill College Course Outline of Record
|Hours:||3 lecture per week (36 total per quarter)|
|Degree & Credit Status:||Non-Degree-Applicable Credit Course
|Grade Type:||Letter Grade (Request for Pass/No Pass)|
Student Learning Outcomes
- A successful student will be able to demonstrate the ability to create a 3 page PowerPoint presentation.
- A successful student will be able to demonstrate the ability to make a 3 minute presentation to his/her peers.
The student will be able to:
A. Learn thoroughly the Microsoft PowerPoint application.
B. Utilize Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications in documents and oral presentations.
C. Demonstrate appropriate oral presentation skills.
D. Present oral presentation(s) incorporating three different Microsoft Suites applications.
A. Learn thoroughly the Microsoft Power Point application
1. Utilize all functions of PowerPoint application
2. Utilize templates to structure the PowerPoint document
3. Utilize layout themes to create a custom PowerPoint presentation
4. Create PowerPoint slides
5. Edit PowerPoint presentation
6. Utilize different "views" of PowerPoint in order to customize presentation for audience
B. Insert Excel document
1. Insert and edit graphs and tables
C. Insert graphics
1. Insert and edit Word Art
2. Insert and edit Clip Art
3. Insert websites, links
4. Insert photos, movies, YouTube links, hyperlinks and other related enhancements
D. Utilize animated slides, including sound enhancements
E. Techniques of oral presentations
2. Dress etiquette
3. Eye contact
4. Question and answer component
5. Peer and constructive criticism
Special Facilities and/or Equipment
Method(s) of Evaluation
A. Class participation
B. Teamwork and collaboration in development presentation
C. Class assignments and projects
E. Final project: "Capstone" oral presentation
Method(s) of Instruction
A. Lecture: Demonstration of the use of each PowerPoint function
B. Hands-on demonstration
D. Peer review and critique
Representative Text(s) and Other Materials
Lambert, J., and C. Frye. Microsoft Office 2019 Step by Step. Microsoft Press, 2018.
Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing, and Outside of Class Assignments
A. Writing Assignments:
1. Create a PowerPoint business presentation about an entrepreneurial proposal that utilizes PPT application.
2. Create a collaborative PowerPoint presentation with team of students about a community service program.
3. Create a PowerPoint presentation, capstone project, "TTW Milestones".